Are you looking for a new job?
Have you completed or are you almost done with your national service and looking to find work as soon as possible?
Still in school and looking for part-time work or want to know what awaits you on the job market?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, then head over to Ghana's biggest classifieds and check out some of the job openings with their required qualifications and skills, and apply If you qualify for any of the jobs listed or find one that you are interested in.
It is exciting when you are called for an interview for a job you applied for, that not withstanding, going for an interview can be a daunting task.
How can you make a good first impression that can help you land the the job easily?
First of all preparation is everything. Here is an easy guide to follow as you get ready for your interview .
- Research - Find out everything you need to know about the company, their operations, vision , mission, and make notes about the contribution you're going to make. It shows your interest in the company and not just the job.
- Make sure you know the venue of the interview. Note how long it'll take you to get there, so you can set off early.
- Select an appropriate outfit. Your outfit must be decent, well fitting and your shoes comfortable. It is always safe to opt for a smart casual or a formal wear.
- Have copies of all document you might need to present ready in a neat file to make it easy to identify and take out when you're asked to.
- Know your CV. A lot of the interview questions will come from there so you need to be conversant with it.
- Be prepared for critical thinking questions. And be ready to answer them as honestly as possible.
- Plan the questions you're going to ask if given the opportunity to. If you need any clarification about the position you're going to hold, that will be the time to seek it.
- Finally make sure you go to bed early the night before the interview. You don't want to turn up looking tired and confused.
Now here are a few tips for the interview day itself.
- Get there early, at least 30 minutes before your interview is to start and smartly dressed. This allows you time to relax and calm your nerves.
- When you're called in for the meeting , greet as soon as you enter and look cheerful and confident .
- Be Professional. Sit well , make eye contact and show more of your personality. Listen more and give straightforward answers, short and precise.
- Have a positive attitude , whatever issues you had before getting there should not distract you. Be present and let them feel you're genuine and ready to work and learn. Show appreciation for the opportunity to work with and for them.
Ready for that new job?
Check out business jobs in Ghana, hopefully you will find something interesting.