Thursday 26 May 2016

THROWBACK! TO MY LAGOS FASHION AND DESIGN WEEK 2015 DIARY




I just came across a photo I took in Lagos last year and it reminded me that I didn't blog about my time at the Lagos fashion and Design week 2015.



It was a super fun and enjoyable trip to Lagos with my Ghana team, which included MUA & Hair Stylist Hamid Vijay, Designer and stylist Doneal, Blogger and TV producer Chriskata, Model Karen Abiba , Blogger and Creative director Nuel Bans of Debonair Afrik and Model and Pr student Ekow Barnes.


It being my first time in Nigeria, I was definitely excited yet I didn't know what to anticipate . So thankful for all the people I only knew virtually and got to meet in person, the okada rides and five days of living on bread and malt/coke because the food wasn't what I was used to :-). 
On the next trip I will try all the delicacies including the infamous Nigeria Jollof.



Fashion week was funnnn! The designers were on top of their game , I was blown away by so many of the collections on the runway, the models and the makeup. 




Designs from Mai Atafo, Loza Maleombho, Andrea Iyamah Swimwear , Maki Oh, weizdhurm, Orange Culture to name a few were very impressive.

It was in all a very well organized  event. I especially enjoyed the street style segment as we hardly get that during fashion weeks in Ghana.  


Thanks so much to DZPRT Fashion for choosing me as the individual with the best street style during fashion week , well I came prepared :-) .



And to Sterling Bank I love my phone case , I showed it off wherever I went. I pray  you'll be at fashion week this year, my phone case has seen the worst of the Ghana sun.

Thanks to my Ghanaian designers Hazza, House of Paon ,dzign Apparel and Bohten who provided my outfits/accessories .











I can't wait to visit Lagos again for the LFDW 2016, to meet more beautiful people and hopefully stay longer to work on some projects with creatives.

Love....Laurie x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Post

A FASHION WEEK PHOTO STORY BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK GHANA

#MNYGHSlayTeam adding the final touches to the look  Skin is in! Model with her finished look – all natural with a hint of glow ...